Terms & Conditions of TradeA copy of the below Terms and Conditions of trade between yourself and Let Me Organise You (LMOU) for signing purposes can be sent to you upon request. If not I will refer back to the below which is available online at all times.
- Written quotations will be provided prior to work commencing.
- LMOU recommends any original documents to be sent via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.
- Work will be done and presented using up to date versions of Microsoft Office, Apple OS and it’s softwares and Adobe applications.
- Agreements can be terminated with 30 days written notice by either party. LMOU reserve the right to charge for any work carried out prior to cancellation.
- Responsibility of final proof reading of documents lies with client and any errors notified within 48 hours of receipt will be corrected free of charge.
- After 48 hours it shall be deemed that the work has been accepted as free of errors and omissions and the VA will accept no liability or loss arising from the performance of any services carried out under the agreement
- Errors or omissions reported after 48 hours will still be corrected but the additional time spent will be charged to the client.
- LMOU will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any document or work carried out. LMOU retain the right to reject work which involves material LMOU feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure reliable service, in event of equipment failure, LMOU cannot be held liable for any loss of information.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- LMOU will respond to emails within 24 hours. LMOU email auto responder will notify you of any event / holiday time currently being taken.
- I cannot guarantee the success of any advertising through Social Media, including Facebook, or other channels such as your website.
- Hours quoted are average amounts and rounded up to the nearest 1/2 hour.
- All information should be received at least 24 hours in advance of any work commencing, as work will be completed during normal UK working hours GMT, Monday – Friday.
- Weekend broadcasting can be scheduled e.g. email newsletter. but needs to be requested due to work allocation.
Any additional cost such as the purchase of WordPress themes or advertising as agreed will be charged directly to the client on top of the project cost where relevant.
- If the client disputes the quality or quantity of work completed all reasonable measures will be taken to fix the issue.
- Cancellation of website development retainer package requires one month’s notice.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Charges & Payments
- Deposit of up to 50% may be requested before commencement of work
- Payment can be made by BACS
- If clients original requirements change, I reserve the right to change the original quotation following consultation with said client
- Payment is strictly 15 days from receipt of invoice
- Failure to pay within 15 days will result in interest being charged (at a rate of 5%) per month on outstanding balance
- Any and all costs incurred for chasing and/or recovering the outstanding payment will be added to account
- All charges are billed in hourly increments and charged on a monthly basis
- Telephone, rail travel, milage, printing, stationery, postage and other expenses will be charged separately to hourly rate / cost where relevantly incurred
- Mileage for required by client travel will be charged at a rate of 45p per mile
- If 24 hour / Emergency turnaround is requested, additional charges of 20% may be applied
- All charges will be reviewed periodically and clients will be notified of any new charges in writing (email).
- Confidentiality is guaranteed at all times. A confidentiality agreement can be signed by myself upon your request.
- No information will be made available to any third party unless required by law.
- All work will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless specifically instructed otherwise.
- Data is protected from onsite / offsite disaster via cloud storage.
Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The message including any attachments contains confidential and privileged information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy the e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received the e-mail by mistake and delete the e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. All statements made and agreements come to by means of email are at all times subject to Let Me Organise You Terms and Conditions of Trade (This page). Email communication does not therefore form contractual agreement nor is abiding by law.
Data Protection Principles / GDPR Compliance May 2018
Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –
(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.
Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Website Hosting Terms & Conditions
- LMOU will require a 3 month notice period if you would like to move to another host.
- LMOU reserves the right to charge an administration fee should you require work from LMOU’s side to move website hosts.
- Website Hosting is available through LMOU’s High Specification Servers 8 or 16 Core Intel Xeon Servers with 32-64GB of memory power providing high performance which results in super fast page loads.
- There are no limits on bandwidth, mailboxes and mysql databases (the bit’s running behind a WordPress install!).
- Daily Backups. Hosting includes the CDP (Continuous Data Protection) for every account – a daily backup system that snapshots your entire file system and storage for 6 months. You will never need to worry about data loss.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee.
- Guaranteed email / telephone support from Let Me Organise You (Should something go a-miss). Onsite support / installation is charged as extra.
- You will receive an invoice for renewal of hosting for the next year 15 days before your due date. There is a payment window of 15 days on this invoice. LMOU will keep your website hosted until and beyond the renewal date for your convenience. Discretion will be used by LMOU upon non payment of the renewal of hosting payment as to when your website is taken off line.
WordPress Website Updates
Update of WordPress Plugins, Themes, and Core
- Out-dated WordPress themes, plugins, and version are the number one-way hackers gain access to your website (besides brute force hacks of your login).
- Even deactivated themes and plugins can leave your website system vulnerable.
- As best business practice I want to keep your website safe – without doing this, and if your site does get hacked then it will ultimately cost us both more time and therefore your money to put right.
- Keeping your WordPress website’s plugins / themes and core version up to date also ensures that the site is compatible with the latest internet browser versions (computer).
- There are a couple of ways that you can work with me on this – As best business practice I will make sure that the updates are done often as and when they arise – I will then send you an invoice at the end of the month for time taken to do this
- OR if you are signed up to a website development retainer with me then I will apply the updates automatically (you will therefore not receive a separate bill).
- Please note that the updates come through their 3rd party creators and WordPress themselves so I don’t know per say when they are coming out and need to be applied.
- Upon applying updates I will ensure that your website is working correctly and that any custom codes that we have used are applied and working still.
- All images required for a project must be sourced by the customer.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate rights to use in the imagery have been obtained.
- Any liability for any copyright infringement falls on the company displaying the imagery, which is considered the end user.
Let Me Organise You Customer Charter
- I am committed to providing high quality business support and assistance services that meet the needs of its clients.
- LMOU recognises that it has a range of customers with differing needs and will ensure that you will all be treated fairly and consistently.
Privacy & Confidentiality at Let Me Organise You
- Let Me Organise You operates a professional service.
- I never divulge private information to third parties, nor any personal or business details that I may see in the course of my work.
eBooks Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
You acknowledge that you have read, and agree:
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations
Please refer to my Privacy & Confidentiality Policy for more information.
eBook titles purchased cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged. If you experience technical difficulty in downloading or accessing a title, please contact me for assistance.
Let Me Organise You grants you a personal non-exclusive and non-transferable license to download the eBook. You may reproduce and store portions of the eBook content for your personal use. Full-scale reproduction of book contents is expressly prohibited. You may not use the eBook on more than one computer system concurrently, make or distribute unauthorised copies of the eBook, or use, copy, modify, or transfer the eBook, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by Let Me Organise You. If you transfer possession of the eBook to a third party, the license is automatically terminated.
- You are granted the right to download the PDF eBook, you may also print pages of the eBook for your personal use and reference in connection with your work.
- You agree to protect the eBook from unauthorised use, reproduction, or distribution. You further agree not to translate, decompile, or disassemble the eBook.
- You acknowledge that the use of the eBook is for your use only. Multi-use configurations or network distribution of the eBook is expressly prohibited.
The entire contents of the eBook are protected by copyright, unless otherwise indicated. Full-scale copying of eBook contents is expressly prohibited. You may not remove, delete, transmit or create derivative works from any of the eBook content. No part of any chapter of any book may be transmitted in any form by any means or reproduced for any other purpose, without the prior written permission except as permitted under relevant fair dealing provisions. Any other use violates this Agreement and is strictly prohibited.
THE eBOOK IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE eBOOK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
This Agreement is governed by English law. You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.