Keep reading for my how to guide to hosting or partaking in a Zoom Cloud Meeting. Zoom is a video meeting app or website.
It’s like Skype or FaceTime and works on any app. It’s better for meetings at a set time and date.
All you need is a device with a web camera, screen, a microphone and speakers – Headset will work too. This could be your laptop, iPad or phone.
It’s secure and safe and works really well. You can share screens – But not germs!
- Get the Zoom app, or get on the website. If you have an iPhone head to the App Store and download Zoom Cloud Meetings. If you are on a laptop, you can go to the website.
- Click the link. I’ll send you a meeting invite (on email). This will have a link to click. Click this on the device you want to Zoom on and it will take you straight to the meeting. You can do this at anytime to practice – I won’t be there yet though!
- Check that it all works. Once the Zoom app has started, now is the time to check your mic and camera are working. Make sure that you use your broadband connection (ideally, though it will work on 4G on the phone) and that you are closer to your router.
- Use headphones for better quality. If you have a headset, this will block out background noise. It isn’t essential but will stop the echoing and ‘hands free’ speakers and ‘shouting’ to get heard.
- See you soon! Once our meeting time comes around, click the link again and I’ll see you soon! If there are any technical issues then we can just pick up the phone.
Let me know how you get on and here’s to many more!
If you like what you have read, or are abit confused, or now need some tea and cake – Then get in touch! Use the Contact Me form on this website and I’ll get right back to you!