WordPress allows users with little or no knowledge of web design to build a professional looking website or blog. I will teach you how to use WordPress to build and maintain your website. This masterclass will show you how to build your website** through uploading pictures, creating content pages and branding the theme. We will also look at plugins as a way to add additional functionality to your website.
I want YOU to achieve results, which is why I am offering this way of learning and actually DOING – You won’t just be told what makes a good website, but actually go away with a great website IN PLACE, that you can use as part of your business’ marketing and which will hopefully result in some great business leads.
- Domain name registration (Provided by Let Me Organise You)
- Installing WordPress on the host (Provided by Let Me Organise You)
- Installing a premium theme ripe for customisation for your brand
- Navigating the WordPress Dashboard
- Adding pages which house information RE your business offering
- Adding photos to the Media Library
- Adding Plugins and using Widgets to enhance user experience
- Brief into to getting found on Google (SEO)
- Adding and editing the navigation menu
- Making your homepage look pretty and inviting by adding in a slideshow of images that best represents your business
This masterclass day is BYOD (Bring your own device) I highly recommend a laptop for this (an iPad just won’t cut it!). You will be fully supported in ‘getting onto’ the high quality wirelesses Internet.
Whilst I offer computer training to all levels I appreciate that web design and development may not be for the faint hearted, which is why I ask you to have a general to good understanding of computers and the internet to get the most out of this course. I would also ask that you have a logo, some photographs and prepped information about yourself and your business available before the course starts – I can help with this before the course, so don’t worry.
I am a qualified and experienced tech trainer who regularly trains in both the public and private sectors and to business of all shapes and sizes. In addition to this I am a WordPress website designer / developer with my own successful online business – So please be assured that you are in safe hands.
My great training location offers you the following to aid your days learning and enjoyment:
- Tea / coffee throughout the day
- Complimentary home made cafe lunch
- Easy to find location
In addition to the above learning and doing you will be supported with the following:
- 6 months free website hosting (Worth £27.50)
- 8 weeks email support RE any problems or questions that you might have with your website
- Take away guide to WordPress / websites and the use of this in business
What are you waiting for?
*do let me know if you have an existing website as we will need to do some work WordPress set up onto this.*
As a fully qualified adult trainer specialising in Business Information Systems (Online Marketing, Social Media and Website Design & Development) I gained my City & Guilds Preparing to Teach in the Life Learning Sector (PTLLS) to Level 4, during the summer of 2010, cementing my already gained experience and learning. I have extensive experience of training large and small groups and individuals in both the public and private sector.