Get found on Google – Learn SEO! Search Engine Optimisation (3 Week Course)
This is a 3 week fully hands on course in my series of Coffee & Cake Computer Training Courses. I believe this way of learning benefits the learner as they can go away and practice, returning a week later with any questions thus cementing their knowledge.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the profession that attempts to optimise sites to make them appear in a high position in the organic search results. In order to do so, SEO tries to fit a website to Google’s algorithm.
Session dates as follows:
Tuesday 7th January 2020 (Week 1) 9.30am – 11.30am
Tuesday 14th January 2020 (Week 2) 9.30am – 11.30am
Tuesday 21st January 2020 (Week 3) 9.30am – 11.30am
Getting your site found by Google depends (in my opinion) wholly on 2 factors – On page factors (optimisation, technical, code, written content) and off page factors (social media, incoming traffic, Google’s tools). On this course you will learn about both.
In this course I will be covering and getting you to work on in your own business website:
- Wordpress SEO Yeost Plugin
- Are you mobile responsive? Why this is important and action plan
- SEO Keyword choosing and use on site
- Keyword density for the whole website – How many, what and where
- Alt text on images
- Great website structure / transparency of pages / relevant content – User experience, call to action
- Sitemap creation and submission to Google Search Console
- Crawl times for Google Robots & Spiders
- Importance of Blogging – Look at this from a tech POV
- Blog post tagging
- URL’s (Slug)
- Perils of duplicate content
- Spelling and Grammar
- Fresh content / dynamic content
- Internal links – Correction and importance
- Updating your website regularly
- Outgoing links to other websites
- Site speed and having a great website hosting package
- Other factors – Google my Business, Google Reviews, Google Analytics, incoming traffic (Social media)
- Blogging some more…
I have a preference for Wordpress as a Website Design tool and have geared this course for Wordpress talking to and getting your website found on Google. Please let me know if your website is built on something else as this may alter this course and your understanding. Hosted at the LCB Depot in Leicester.
5 in stock